MPS Krste Misirkov was the first State High School in Kumanovo and was formed in 1913. The school 20 teachers and 638 students. The school began officially operating in 1919 after the establishment of the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats, and Slovenes. Originally, there were 8 classes held. In 1929, upper classes were no longer held and students of Kumanovo had to go to neighboring towns for further education. In 1935 there were again changes in the school system, and a true state high school (from first to fourth grade) as well as a higher gymnasium (fifth to eighth grade) school were formed.
Today the building of the high school is a true symbol of Kumanovo. The fence of the school is known as the Kumanovo “Little Wall” and the premises is used to maintain two classes of municipal schools, “Krste Misirkov” and “Braka Miladinovci.”