The village of Gradishte is located in the southeast region of the Municipality of Kumanovo, 24 km away from the city, just off of the road Kumanovo – Sveti Nikole. The monastery church of St. George is located in a deciduous forest at the top of Gradishkiot Hill. It was erected on the foundation of an old, ruined monastery church. According to documents issued by the Turkish Sultan Abdul Azis (1861 – 1876) in Constantinople in 1864, the monastery in Gradishte began to be built in 1866 during the reign of Mehmet Nazif and was completed in 1868. St. George was exposed to dvovlastie church in Macedonia at the end of the 19th and early 20th centuries. Thus, until 1896 it belonged to the Patriarchy, then it was closed until 1905 when the party was the Exarchists.
From an architectural point of view, the church is a triconhos of a compact type with a dome as such was only found in the Kumanovo region from the period of Revival in Macedonia. The monastery was built from stone blocks using brick. The facades are brought to life with horizontal split ranges. The Byzantine style of construction was applied by reducing decoration. External renovations of the church were carried out in October, 1978. Renovation of the interior was performed in 2001 when the walls of the three conchas were plastered and recent renovations were performed with the plastering of the external architecture in 2003 by local craftsmen and builders.
The church has not yet been painted but a new mural from 2005, made by the artist Srecko Andonovski-Chelik. At one time it had an old iconostasis, whose icons have been preserved in tempera from the 19th century and by an unidentified author, are now on display in the Gallery of icons in the church St. Nicholas in Kumanovo.
Today the church has a new wooden iconostasis whose icons were produced Dimitar Andonov-Papradishki (1859 – 1954) in 1937/38. This iconostasis differs from others in that it has much higher throne icons that actually represent full-length figures, which is not the case with other iconostasis which represented other characters of saints. Gradishte’s monastery St. George is among the monuments of the culture installment of rebirth in Macedonia.